Falling For the Stars by Lisa Loving Dalton







AMAZON #1 BESTSELLER!

This Behind-the-Scenes Tell-All About Doubling for Celebrity Superstars Also Reveals the Compelling Life Story of an Insecure Hollywood Arrival Who Rises to the Top of Her Field, But Pays a Hefty Price.
  • Addiction
  • Chauvinism  
  • Big Egos collide with the surprising kindness of superstars.


Discover the magic and the tragic stories of many great films & TV shows through the eyes of a stuntwoman. Dalton reveals what it took to hang over cliffs, get hit by a moving car, drop from five stories up, dodge an avenue full of speeding cars--and to ignore the Universe's more gentle prompts that it was time to quit and follow her passion into acting full-time or teaching acting.
The resulting career-ending spinal injury has a story of its own, how she researched medical and alternative paths that form the heart of what she shares with the world today. "What stands out in this book is the indomitable spirit the author has, despite the extraordinary price she paid for her stellar career--including misogyny, a miscarriage, and a life-long back injury. And each juicy story she relays in her fascinating chronicle, brings home an important life lesson for the reader--one that she learned the hard way.




  • Stunt Gal Lisa Dalton tattles about humorous and harrowing tales culled from over 200 films, television shows and commercials including
  • Ghostbusters
  • Money Pit
  • Crocodile Dundee
  • Married to the Mob
  • FX
  • Legal Eagles
  • The Last Dragon
  • Saturday Night Live  
  • Splash
  • The Highlander
  • World According To Garp

Working with or doubling such superstars as Meryl Streep, Cher, Madonna, Grace Jones, Robert Redford, Katherine Hepburn, Sean Connery, Tom Hanks, Chevy Chase, Robin Williams, Ed O'Neill, Michelle Pfeiffer and more.

A Stunt Gal Tattles on Why She Tattles
By Lisa Loving Dalton



I guess it’s my dad’s fault. Yes, let’s blame him, at least for my compulsion to tell stories. He loved to tell silly stories, shaggy dog joke-type stories. He read us Reader’s Digest from young age so my love of weaving words together was planted early. Probably it was round about the same time I was discovering a distinct skill for klutziness, falling down—beyond the norm- and dropping things when other kids were capable of reasonable dexterity.

I took to retelling my embarrassing goof ups, making others laugh in doing so, mostly out of self-defense but not only that. If I could get a good laugh, even at my own expense, it was worth it. It definitely activated my propensity for being a clown.

 I absolutely had to fall in love with falling, and I had to learn to survive it, being as it was a regular part of my daily life. I clearly identified with my idol, Lucille Ball. If it made her a star, maybe it would work for me. After all, I was a redhead too. (You can imagine how exciting it was to meet Lucy during my career as a fall gal in the movies.)

 I wound up marrying a man who also loved to tell stories. Over the thirty-one years we were together, we spun up some wild tales with our carefree, live-for-today lifestyle.

You see, he had died six months before we were married. He had a massive heart attack and left. The doctors said he was dead for fifty-seven seconds. Then, he came back. He told me this story:


A beautiful tunnel of light appeared with a gossamer female figure welcoming me gently. She invited me to follow her to the light. She was so very calm and peaceful and I felt filled with love and warmth, and I began to go with her. Then I stopped. I said, “No, I can’t go now, I have to stay here for Lisa.” And that’s when I came back.

 We knew from that day forward that tomorrow was promised to no one, that each day was a gift. And this is how we lived. This is how he lived with a woman who put her life on the line to entertain you. This I how I lived, knowing he or I might not wake up the next morning.

 We built a repertoire of stories we shared time and again, celebrating the chance to have had these adventures. We amused each other with how our memories transformed the stories. We knew as we lived our life that even some of our worst moments would eventually make a good story and sometimes amused ourselves with that future thought. He did follow that angel seven years ago. Now, with him watching over my shoulder, I share my stories with you.

 I love to hear from my readers so please connect on Social Media. Ask me questions and share with me stories of the stunts in your life!



From a bullied, dyslexic, messy, freckle-faced, klutzy pixie, Lisa Loving Dalton grew into a statuesque and skillful stuntwoman, actor, director, teacher, author, filmmaker, leadership and life coach, and ceremonial minister. Always seeking and finding the silver lining, she has made the most of whatever life threw at her. She says, “I spill stuff, trip and drip all of the time so I made a career out of it. My advice: Embrace what is as perfect.”
Dalton appeared in more than 200 films, television shows and commercials in New York, Hollywood and Texas, including work in Ghostbusters, Money Pit, Crocodile Dundee, Married to the Mob, FX, Legal Eagles, and Splash on the big screen and ER, HBO’s Carnivale, Dr. Quinn and Melrose Place among her many TV credits.

Connect with the author:  

Website  ~  Twitter  ~  Facebook  ~  Pinterest  ~  Youtube  ~  Instagram










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Days To Forever ~ Lauren Carr

A Fanciful Twist's 8th Annual Virtual MAD TEA Party Extra special, as it is the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland ♥

Alicia Connected: Tricked with Treats by Derek Fisher